Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dearest,


The day after tomorrow I will be a college graduate. It's taken me a long time to get here. I'm grateful for so much this holiday season. I'm grateful for the opportunity to focus on what is really important to me now - my writing and my health. I'm grateful for the family support I have and for my friends. Last but definitely not least, I'm so grateful for you. I'm grateful that I will have the chance to find you and to love you. I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day about my decision to wait for you. He said that sex was fun and not a big deal. I thought about it for a moment but then I realized this is what making difficult decisions is about. This is what being an adult is about. Some things are just more important than the immediacy of what is fun. Being with you, dearest, would be more than just fun. And so, I wait.

In the meantime
I am, as ever,
yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home